PS5 has created a buzz with its arrival and continues with its legacy. With its features and functionality, along with realistic graphics, it adds a new dimension to the gaming realm. Since the rumors of PS5 Picture in Picture Mode, everyone, including me, couldn’t wait longer to save time by not dedicating separate time to watch gaming videos.
Now, unleashing its functionality, we have much to explore, especially as you would find it challenging to use the feature. Whether a kiddo or an adult like me, everyone is head-over-heels in love with gaming, so it’s time to explore and use the feature for which I will help!
How to Enable PS5 Picture in Picture?
The PiP mode is one of the most awaited features of your console, which saves you time and enables you to multitask. By watching videos of your favorite gamers, you try to follow their strategies and be better.
Here’s where Picture-in-Picture mode helps. Doing so is simple and beneficial, as PlayStation does not have a dedicated video app.
- Go to PS5 Home and check in the Explore section
- Navigate to Popular Videos of Games You Follow and choose one video you want
- The video opens, and towards its bottom, click Screen Layout and choose Picture-in-Picture
- The video can float on your screen, move it wherever you want and press X from the controller
You can thus open multiple screens using the Picture in Picture Mode. However, sometimes the video screen covers content, or the video isn’t one which you want to watch.
In such a scenario, the following section will help you!
How to Watch YouTube Videos While Gaming?
YouTube is the hub where you can find tons of gaming tactics. You can even use chilling music vibes or rock songs to boost your productivity. Similarly, there are various genres of videos on it that help you simultaneously while gaming.
There are two methods using which you can do so, which include Pin to Side and Picture in Picture Mode. However, for the latter, you also have to follow the steps of the initial one.
Using Pin to Side
The Picture in Picture Mode is a great ado, yet after enabling it does cover your gameplay sometimes. You don’t meet to drop the idea; instead, you can Pin it to the side. It’s similar to using a split-screen view on smartphones. The only difference is that the gaming screen covers 75% of the screen while YouTube video covers 25%.
- Launch PS5 Home and press the PS button from the controller
- In the bottom pane, click Game Base
- Choose an Online Friend or an alternative account from the list and send a https://m.youtube.com message
- From the Chats, click the YouTube URL, and when the Link opens, press the Options button
- Select Pin to Side, and it displays another screen towards the side for YouTube Videos; find the video you want to watch
Similarly, you can Pin web pages also!
Using Picture in Picture Mode
The Picture in Picture mode here would play the video you searched for and not from a limited set of options as in the earlier sections. But before following the steps, execute those for Pin to Side for proceeding!
- When Pin to Side is enabled, press the PS key from the controller
- From the list of Activity Cards, locate the YouTube video and click Options
- Now, select Picture in Picture and place the PiP screen wherever you want
How to Livestream Games with PS5 Picture-in Picture Mode?
Watching your friend’s gameplay simultaneously while you are playing is always fun. You can experience each other’s games and watch the moves.
You get to know where they are, the enemies they are defeating, and much more, adding thrill to the game. The Live Stream feature helps with the purpose of using Share Screen.
- Press the PS button on the PS5 controller and tap the Game Base icon (looks like two players together)
- Press the Square button on your controller, and from the pop-up menu, click Create Party
- Select online players to add your party and confirm with Ok
- After creation, head over to Game Base again and navigate to Recent Parties
- In it, select the party, choose Voice Chat, and click Join to enable it
- The Voice Chat should be turned on, and click View Voice Chat
- Select a party member from the right-pane
- Click the Share Screen icon (two-monitor shaped) beneath their name
PS5 will notify your friend of screen-sharing, and they have to turn it on to enable live streaming together.
The Wrap Up
The PS5 Picture-in-Picture is not comprehensive to launch. Though we have suggested invoked methods, you can only do it for videos. Regarding other activities, the feature puts a lot of constraints.
It’s noteworthy that the developers are still working to improve the feature for a better UX, and there will be improvements to it as Sony PlayStation is a hallmark of Excellence.
Thus, it never disappoints its fans, especially gaming freaks. BTW, does the SIE PlayStation Network Charge deduct a huge amount from your account which bothers you? Get rid of SIE Network Charge!
For any doubts, do let us know in the comments given below!